We look forward to resolving the problem with your unit… Read on!
For an accurate appraisal, our technicians must fully investigate the faulty unit. Typically this involves:
- Dismantling the unit to obtain measurements
- Obtaining relevant service data (schematic diagrams, service manuals, etc)
- Checking for software or firmware updates
- Obtaining part numbers of required parts
- Tracking down prices and availability of required parts
As you can appreciate all this takes time and in order to provide this service we must charge an upfront inspection fee to cover our expenses.
When an estimate is given, 50% payment is required to move forward with the repair. Inspection fees are applied as a credit against the estimate repair costs for the unit.
Table of fees for all units out of warranty (as at October 2017)
Insurance Quote for LCD & Plasma TV/Monitors
|Up to 49”||$181.50|
|50″ – 64″||$220|
|65″ and over||$250|
Other inspection Fees
|LCD & Plasma TV/Monitors Up to 49”||$121|
|LCD & Plasma TV/Monitors 50″ – 64″||$165|
|LCD & Plasma TV/Monitors 65″ and over||$198|
|Rear Projection TV||$242|
|Projectors and Whiteboards||$242|
|Commercial & Interactive Projectors||$269.50|
|Remote Control Repairs||$38.50|
|Active Speaker/PA Systems/subwoofer||$121|
|Amplifiers & Receivers||$214.50|
|Solar Inverters & Industrial Repairs||$242|
|Prototypes are quoted by the hour|
|Pick up & Delivery (Additional Charge)||$88|
|If two staff are required for the pickup||$176|
All prices are GST inclusive
An example scenario:
Mrs Smith brings her microwave in because it doesn’t heat anymore. She pays the $88 inspection fee when the item is brought in for assessment. One of our technicians diagnoses the fault to the high voltage circuit and Mrs Smith is given a call to discuss the problem.
She is quoted $104.50 to repair the fault but as she has already paid $88. Should she proceed with the repair a remainder of $16.50 would be payable upon collection of the unit.
On the other hand, should she decline the estimate she would forfeit the $88 paid to cover our time in diagnosing the unit and is given the choice to either collect the unit un-repaired or have the unit disposed of at no further charge.
Terms of inspection
- The pickup fee is an additional charge.
- Pick up fees are an additional charge. For example: A plasma TV pickup & diagnoses charge would be $121 (inspection fee) +$88 (pick up fee) = $209 (Total).
- The inspection fee is applied as a credit against the estimate of the repair costs for the unit and constitutes the minimum service charge
- The pick up fee is not deductible.
Important points to note
- Fees are payable upfront and units will not be assessed until payment is made.
- Inspection and pickup fees are non-refundable even if the part is unavailable or has a long lead time, as we don’t know which part is required until we inspect the unit
- The pickup fee is based on the client not being able to deliver the unit to our workshop themselves
Remote Location Fees
All pickups and deliveries to islands will incur an additional cost, on top of the regular fee